Friday 1 February 2008

Cerys Matthews


...de icWales:

It’s been a hectic few months for, who has been making headlines for her love life rather than her music. But, as Sarah Miloudi discovers, she’s about to return to what she does best with a mini tour of Wales…

…And she says writing music in Welsh is something she simply wanted to do, but had never done in the past.

She says the decision was driven by a love of languages, and by her constant pursuit to experience the unknown.

“I was happy to record an all-Welsh album as it was something I had never done before,” she reveals.

“I love moving into territories that are unknown and trying different things.

“When I sing live I like doing different things acoustically. I do a version of Elvis Presley’s Love Me Tender and it sounds completely different to the way he recorded it.

“As for singing in Welsh, I am a Welsh speaker and I love languages, and I think the language suits the kind of sophisticated and bluesy sound of the album.”

No comments: