Friday 7 March 2008

Tom Hanks


...de la Belfast Telegraph:

However, Tom signed this unexpected correspondence with the words in blue ink 'All good things - Tom Hanks'.

In his letter he emphasises that my sources were correct. "I have no Gaelic language typewriter," he reveals.

"Alas. Your story in the Belfast Telegraph showed me my own hole in my 'collection.'

...I'll spend the next few months trying to pick up a reasonably-priced Gaelic machine for Hanks who will hopefully be in town come September.

I know he would simply love to receive one when he arrives for the launch of his blockbuster City of Ember, which was filmed in Belfast last year starring Bill Murray and Tim Robbins with fledging actors Harry Treadaway and Saoirse Ronan as two children who are central to the tale of a city being plunged into darkness as its power source fails and life grinds to a standstill.

I'm sure he knocked out some of his changes to the script on his battered old portable.

No comments: